Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Couple of quick things

Oh my! Poor unfortunate souls have been finding their way here for awhile now by doing 'net searches regarding someone's unfortunate counting mistake. I feel bad for them, but really, what can be done? But now someone's come here by searching on "how do you know you are ready for children." I wish I could help with that one; I honestly do. If anyone's got the answer, be sure to let me know, because I certainly could use the info as well.

In other news, if you've been concerned about the FMLA thing, but just haven't felt up to composing something, the National Partnership for Women and Families has done it for you. All you have to do is fill in your contact info and it's on its way. (via Half Changed World)

Today I found myself exploring a new (at least to me) blog. I noticed that the first thing I did was not read any posts, but check the blogroll to see if it mentioned anyone I knew. How strange is that? I'd like to think I generally make my judgements based on merit, but at least this morning it seemed to be more about who a person's friends are. Nice. It also reminded me I really need to get my own list updated.

And last, but certainly not least, my niece is beautiful and wonderful and loves her mommy best. Friday we were at the fabric store trying to find something for curtains for her room when she began to fuss. I was carrying her at the time and she eventually worked her way into full-fledged wailing, making sure that everyone in the store was aware of her displeasure. Finally PJ said, "I can take her back if you want." I handed her ooer, there was a whimper, then blessed silence. I guess I know where I rank now.

The good news is that we got several things accomplished, including sewing a sling, so now PJ will hopefully be able to get more two-handed jobs done. I'm always 1000% more efficient when it comes to getting PJ's projects done than I am my own. Not sure what's up with that, although it should be noted that I'm getting really close to finishing my second afghan for Xmas 2005. Who knew I could actually be that stubborn? (Don't anyone feel compelled to actually answer that.)