Thursday, January 27, 2005

Is this high school?

Several months ago, I ran into an ex-lover online. We did a brief catch up thing during which he mentioned that he was looking for a new job. Long story short, one thing led to another and now he's working at my company.

Shortly after he started, he came down to thank me (and I'm sure to see what I look like these days). That was a few weeks ago, and I hadn't seen him again until yesterday.

Yesterday he came downstairs to shadow a coworker that sits near me. I walked by him on my way to the bathroom and we exchanged a little wave. When I got to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and this little inner dialogue ensued:

"Oh my god! I think this is what I was wearing the last time he saw me. Now he thinks that I only have one outfit." etc., etc.

Apparently, I really need to get a grip.