Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Notes from this morning

Several inches of snow on the ground, and it's supposed to continue into the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

  • If it's going to snow, fine, whatever. But why does it have to rain first so that I have a nice layer of ice on my car under all the fluffy stuff?
  • Last night, I dreamt that my mother bought me a remote starter for my car. Given the amount of time I spent scraping ice off my windshield this morning, I really wish it had been prophetic.
  • Thing #56 I will not miss about our current place when we move: The landscape company our landlord contracts with appear to believe that snow removal is a 8 - 5, M - F job. Fuckers.
  • Last night, I was planning to write a post about the reasons I love my husband. One of them was going to be because he scrapes the ice off my car for me. This morning he abdicated his position as scraper. Ironic, eh?
  • When you're driving in snow/ice, you can either change direction or change speed. You can not do both at the same time. Please don't kill the rest of us by trying.
  • My inner nine-year-old should not be allowed to stay up late hoping for a snow day when my grown-up selves know there's no chance in hell. (She's still hoping to get sent home early from work today though.)

Enough of my griping. Back to work.