Monday, March 28, 2005

Miraculous

Something amazing happened this morning. The alarm went off, and when I opened my eyes, the sun was already up!! Do you know how long it's been since that happened? And tonight when Pukka & I left work, we ran a few errands and had dinner, then drove home, and it was still light out! Who would've thought?? I guess spring's planning on making an appearance this year after all.

Last month, when I had my covenant group talk about celebrating winter, a lot of us talked about how we felt like we'd get along with winter better, if we had some kind of winter hobby, something we could do when it's cold and nasty out. And I realized that more than any other season, winter is the one that's most out of my control. Even the simplest tasks can get more complicated (especially in terms of motivation) when it's dark and freezing. In winter moreso than any other time, I can't always go where I want or do what I want when I want to do it. And for someone with control issues, this is a problem.

So here's to sunshine, flowers, and the illusion of control. Happy spring, all!