Thursday, October 07, 2004

The parents are coming! The parents are coming!

Awhile back, my parents were in town visiting. They were staying the night in a hotel, and when we said good-bye to them for the evening, mom said she'd call in the morning.

Now, in my mind, this meant they'd call when they were ready to meet back up with us, since that's how these things usually go in my family. In Pukka's mind it meant they'd call and we'd discuss a plan to begin sometime later in the day.

So the next morning, Pukka and I are lounging around the apartment in various states of undress. The phone rings and Pukka answers. He talks for a few minutes, then hangs up, looks at me with panic in his eyes and says, "Your parents are coming!"

And because I'm a goob, I start running around the apartment screaming my best Paul Revere impression, "The parents are coming! The parents are coming!" Then there was a tickle fight, then we got dressed and were presentable by the time the parents arrived.

Well, some time today the parents are coming into town again. So guess what I've been yelling at random moments for the last few days?

We're going to see Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood. Oh, and we're having spiffy dinner out. Should be a good night.