Thursday, June 03, 2004

I know I'm not ready for children because my husband snores

I'm laying there in our bed; I'm tired and it's late. Next to me, my beloved is sawing logs. I've been listening to him for a half hour now, trying to get back to sleep.

I bury my head under my pillow. For a blissful moment, it seems to have worked. Nope, it was just the lull between waves.

I briefly contemplate burying *his* head under my pillow. Although I'm sure that sleep deprivation would not hold up as a defense in court, I'm certain there's thousands of women across the country that would sympathize.

I love him, but I also love sleeping. And as I lie there slowly losing my mind, I can hear my mother's voice in my head: "You think this is bad? Just wait until you have kids. You'll never sleep again!"